Sunday 21 February 2010

Devil Dogs.... Beware!

When I was just a pup I got set upon by a Staffie. He was out walking with 3 children who had no control over him whatsoever. James saved my life and probably broke several of the Staffie's ribs in the process, but kicking him was the only way that James could get him to take his teeth out of my back leg. Since that incident we have always called them "Devil Dogs" and been on our guard whenever we see one (If I'm out with Julie, she usually picks me up, just in case), although I do acknowledge that it is unfair to tar them all with the same brush and in all honesty haven't met many unfriendly ones since.

I do however, have to warn you all that there is a very unfriendly "Devil Dog" living in Withy Close (just behind the pub). He set upon a friend of mine recently, who's owner had to resort to a similar action to James, in order to save him. If you are out walking in the village and happen to see a Staffie, please be careful, just in case it is the one from Withy Close.....

No comments:

Post a Comment