Sunday 14 June 2009

Apologies for being a little slack...



We have had a lovely weekend at the pub, spoilt only by the constant trickle of snide remarks regarding the lack of attention to my blog.... I hadn't appreciated quite how many people were relying on me for their gossip - and in any case, I'm just so busy guarding the property.

The British Lions Tour... We managed to see the boys off on their trip to South Africa in style on Wednesday. As they were off to follow the Lions Tour, Jon (my personal chef) purchased some rather fine Impala & Springbok sausages and laid on a great-smelling brunch for them all before they left. However, as we've come to expect from the calibre of customers in the public bar, the day started off with a slight problem. They were all using my computer in the bar to check themselves in for their flight before they left, just to make sure they could all sit together - (given the fact that Jon had spiced up their Beans, perhaps wasn't to be recommendedwhen) Anyway, "Snelly" went up to the bar to check in and went to enter his passport number (and was looking for it on his passport!) when he realised that the passport couldn't be his and he had somehow arrived at the pub with his daughter's passport... calamity ! After taking the necessary stick from the rest of the group, he hopped on the back of James' motorbike to go and collect his own passport. (Deb managed to get a pretty good photo of him complete with a really girlie looking helmet on - which I promise to share with you when she lets me have a copy.)

My good friend Chino also went to South Africa, but he flew out in style the following day. Maggie and I will miss him and Karen (Karen has gone away with the wives of all the other boys to Egypt - they're a bit too fond of cats in Egypt for my liking!)

They all missed the fun today. We had a change to the usual Sunday night music and if I may say so I much preferred it as they didn't have any loud speakers! The guys that came to visit were "The H Club" and they were part of a male voice choir, but not quite so serious and lots of fun. Well everyone seemed to really enjoy them and Julie & James have said that they are coming back again later in the year, which is always a good sign. I did try and get in on the act as you can see from the pic above but for some reason they didn't think I hit the right note.


James and Julie have been very busy in the function room this weekend, clearing up after the workmen (we are in the process of having some state of the art, high tech, computerised heating system put in which James is really excited about because he will be able to see how much it's costing him by the minute via the internet - I can see it being a cold winter!). The function room is beginning to look like a party room but they have this hair brained idea of turning it into a "barn" and the letting room (which is also taking shape) into a "hay loft". Given the fact that for the past week I have had to share my bedroom with 30 duck eggs that have required constant turning, I wouldn't be surprised if they move a herd of sheep into the room once it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment