Sunday 7 June 2009


It's been a busy week for me this week, mainly because of the good weather. After our trip to Llangorse lake, there were lots of people hanging around the pub garden on Wednesday & Thursday - probably all wanting to know that we're OK after the swim in unknown waters... ! On Thursday my human half sister came to visit from Scotland. (where all our ancestors come from). Her name in Mhairi (pronounced Vaaree) and she spent most of the week-end repeating her name and explaining that it was Gaelic for Mary. The humans around here didn't understand it because they'd never heard it before. Gaelic names are very common-place in our home-land and they can usually be translated into English. My name - Hamish - is actually the Gaelic word for James, so I'm named after my dad.

Maggie enjoyed having another girl about and watched everything that was going on from close quarters. She tried to steal Mhairi's bed and Mhairi had to keep her door closed to keep Maggie at bay. Maggie also tried her hand at make up (like all little sisters do) but gave up after a very short time and just chewed the end of a wooden brush that the human girls call a blusher brush. I don't think Mhairi was too impressed to have her brush chewed, but in Maggie's defence, I bet it tasted good.

As far as sisters go, Mhairi is OK but doesn't play with me as much as Maggie does. She was more interested in learning to be a bar maid. She seemed to be quiet popular with the customers because she is always bearing her teeth... Sometimes, I don't get it, If I bear my teeth, humans think I'm nasty and threatening. If humans bear their teeth, they are happy. Why can't the humans not just wag their tails like us... it would make everything simple.

The weather turned really horrible on Friday and the ground got very wet. We don't goout much when its wet because everyone says we stink when we're wet and no-one likes the smell of Wet Dog.


It's Sunday today and I guess we'll see the usual crowd of people coming into the restaurant for their Sunday dinner. It's always so busy and they all like gravy.... and I can see why - it's tasty and before the end of the day, Maggie and I will get some left overs from somewhere. Yum !

Mhairi goes home later today, so it's back to normal tonight and the resident folk band are back to make lots of noise and keep me awake. You can see pictures of them on the Golden Lion's web site and there are links to their web site too, where you can hear them play music. You don't need to be a dog to have a web site you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment