Tuesday 2 June 2009

Titanic 2

James & Julie took a day off yesterday and took Maggie and me to Llangorse Lake in the Brecon Beacons. There were lots of new and interesting smells and we even had our own picnic.

We saw lots of swans end even baby swans and I knew that the man swan would get me if I got too close but Maggie just didn't get the message.

After our picnic james went and got some big wooden poles and we got into a boat. It was very wobbly to start with and we had to hold on tight and Julie kept us both on a lead, which suited me just fine. When we got to the middle of the lake James thought that we were brave enough to be let off the lead and assured all of us that "the only way those dogs are going in the water is if I throw them in" so Julie relented. I stayed very still, but Maggie commando crawled under James and made it to the pointy end behind him where she stuck her head over the front like the lady in Titanic.
Julie and I knew that she was going in but James just kept making the boat go faster. Then there was a big splash and no Maggie, who was right under the boat. She eventually bobbed up and James dragged her out by her collar, getting us all very wet in the process and to make matters worse she then dived on Julie for a cuddle to get over the shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment