Wednesday 29 July 2009

Better late than never....

It's been a very busy week. We had a Barn Dance last weekend, which it looked as though everyone was enjoying and there was lots of cheese for me and Maggie. Just before it started, Roly delivered a trailer load of straw which was used to make the room look and smell a little more like a barn. I did manage to get caught having a sneaky pee on one of the bales outside, for which I got a massive telling off. At the end of the night Debs had this daft idea that it would be easier to slide the bales down the stairs rather than carry them, but as well as making loads of mess, she miss fired on one, which flipped over and somersaulted down the stairs nearly knocking poor Rhiannon flying. The newly installed python also broke down and so Julie and the girls had to run up and down the stairs all night fetching and carrying beer so I had my hands full keeping an eye on everything and everyone.

James has had the boys fixing the ceiling in the shop, which had to be pulled down to fit the new python for the function room (which a nice man came in and fixed the morning after the barn dance!). Plans for the shop are now on hold as it's full steam ahead on the new letting rooms and extension at the back of the pub (which will mean even more for me to keep an eye on). In the meantime a company is going to use the shop and if what I have heard is correct they should be in there within a fortnight.

My friend Mary had a nasty fall on Monday and is in hospital with a bad hip. I think that Julie is going to pop in to see her today and give her a card off me and Maggie as we hope she comes back in to see us soon.

Finally, I have been asked to dispel a few rumours. There are a few humans in the village who have too much time on their hands and they just seem to sit around all day and make up bad stories. I know for a fact that one of the same group was also responsible for painting my ears bright red with a ghastly lipstick during the rugby, but I just can't get the words out to tell anyone (perhaps James & Julie will read this and undertsand!). The latest rumour is that ladies aren't allowed to have pints of beer in The Golden Lion, which is utter nonsense and the silly "Bitch" (I am allowed to call her that) that started the rumour has a bucket waiting for her when she comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment