Wednesday 15 July 2009

Officially THE most important Pub Dog!

"I" am to have a beer named after me! Yes, Hamish The Pub Dog Beer ! Can you believe it?

Julie & James recently had a real ale on the bar called "Bob" and it got us all thinking that it would be really good if there was a beer named after me.

Julie had scoured the country and eventually broke the sad news that there wasn't a Hamish beer to be had anywhere in the country. However, being a true West Highland White Terrier, I wasn't deterred and earlier today I met a very nice lady called Helen from the Wickwar Brewery who has said that she will personally arrange for a very fine Real Ale to be named after me. It will obviously be a strong and hearty ale, and very tasty. http://www.wickwarbrewing.co.uk/index.php

Supported by Julie & James and other regulars at the Golden Lion and of course Helen's help at the Wickwar Brewery, "Hamish the Pub Dog" real ale has a very good chance of going on sale at The Golden Lion later this year. It also means that I will have my very own bar tap clip, complete with a picture of me and even beer mats and all the usual paraphernalia!

So there you have it, I'm going into Beer sales.... watch this space.

We went for a walk today... a long walk to St Brides and into the woods on the top of a hill. Julie didn't walk - She went on the horse, leaving Maggie, James and me to walk beside her. We had to jog and trot to keep up with her some of the time and eventually James got fed up dodging the cars, so he took us off road across the fields and through the woods to meet Julie (and the horse) on the other side of the hill. The woods were dense and the grass in the fields was very long, so we nearly got lost a few times. However, it was a great walk and I really wish we could do it more often.

back home at the pub this afternoon, Maggie is exausted. You see, she just isn't used to this amount of exercise and she's not as strong as me... which is why she won't get a beer called Maggie named after her.

See Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment