Tuesday 21 July 2009

Poor Me!

Maggie and I were very fortunate to get 2 really good walks yesterday. They're a bit like buses really... but I wouldn't dare complain. Anyway somewhere along the way I managed to get a sore toe, which I couldn't stop myself licking all last night, but it just didn't want to get better. James finally got the message this morning and took a look before sending Julie off to get her tweezers. They pinned me down thinking that I was going to put up a fight, but little did they know the sheer pain I was in (I think that they thought it was a tick, but if that was all it had been I'd have sorted that out with my teeth). Julie eventually took an almighty tug and pulled out a thorn as big as a stake!

Later today we had to endure a shopping trip to boring shops that Maggie and I aren't allowed in. There was a highlight to it though, when they came out of 1 shop with a coat for Maggie. she hadn't wanted to go out for a wee earlier as she didn't like the rain so Julie had this notion that a coat would do the trick. She couldn't even walk in it, let alone have a wee so that will end up hanging alongside all the coats they tried to get me to wear.

On our way home we called in to see Gary at The Rose in Redwick. Maggie had fun chasing his cat (the one that Gary supposedly doesn't like, but he wasn't too fond of Maggie chasing it, so I think he must secretely like it). They confirmed the arrangements for the Tug of War challenge between the 2 pubs, which is taking place on Sunday 30th August and will be great fun to watch. one of my best friends owners is our anchor man and I can't see many people being able to pull him very far!

No comments:

Post a Comment