Thursday 24 September 2009

He's clearly as good as me...

Jon did just as well as me in his competition with a fantastic 2nd place. I think he may have had to work a little harder than me though. James, Julie, Jon, Rob, Debs & Fiona all went to the competition and they all told me that they had a great day, and Julie even managed to bring back loads of freebie chocolates off the nice Nestle lady.

They clearly don't give rosettes to Chefs as Jon just had a big lump of glass and a piece of paper called a "certy" something or another.

Debs always checks up on me and maggie too...


I think she may have been giving the judges one of her "don't mess with me" looks here...


Jon shouldn't have let Debs take the credit...


Congratulations to our Great Chef!


Pan fried Sea Bass, served on a bed of Mushroom & Tarragon Risotto with a Mussel and Spinach Cream


Roast Loin of Welsh Lamb served with Sautéed Kidneys, Glazed Mint Chicken Mousse and Drizzled with a Claret & Butter Jus


Poached Pear in Port served with a Lemon Bavoir & Mixed Fruit Compote


Debs clearly thought the papparrazzi had arrived...


Roll on next year!

p.s. It was a good job that Fiona went along and took some pictures for me - Thank You Fiona x

2 comments:

  1. Well done to all and of course particularly to Jon. It’s a result that reflects the amount of thought, work and dedication that has been clearly evident since Hamish arrived, and which has transformed the pub into the excellent, welcoming pub it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hamish you are living the dog's life, high on the hog. i'm jealous ... all i get is dog kibble drenched in chicken broth and a few likely poisonous dog chews from china ...

    brrrodie th' westie (in illinois usa)

    ReplyDelete