Saturday 12 September 2009

More Rosettes on the Bar!

We all went off to the Usk show today, which was a great day and we even got treated to a hot sausage roll from the Cornish Pastie lorry - "heaven"....

There were lots of other dogs and animals to see and smell so Maggie and I were really excited.

When we got there Julie got out our brush and tried to make me look all poncy and then after watching Maggie parade (get dragged) around the ring and come out with nothing, we were both taken in and made to compete against each other... I was mentally packing my bags and trying to decide if Chino & Karen would let me go and live with them, because if Maggie beat me there was absolutely no way I was coming home and putting up with her getting one over on me!

James and I went on the opposite side of the ring to Maggie and Julie, and pretended that we didn't know them. Maggie got called first, put on the table and given the once over and was then told to trot around the ring, which she surprisingly managed and which then put even more pressure on me. When my turn came, I gave the judge my handsomest smile, and even kept smiling whilst he groped me, so I thought at that point I had the edge on Maggie.....

Why did I get lumbered with James?

He took me off the table and just as I was preparing for my little trot, his size 9 boot came crashing down on my toes causing me to squeal, but I soldiered on with my trot - but not for long.... He then decided that he wanted to show off and started to run!. There's only so fast a Westie can trot, so I ended up almost galloping to keep up. Luckily for me the judge wasn't afraid of James and he shouted at him to slow down to give me a chance to show my stature, and luckily for James I didn't lose my cool.

There were about 25 of us in the class and we were all Terriers. Maggie was in amongst the Staffies (best place for her!) and I was with all the good looking terriers, and there were lots of noisy Jack Russells, but we were all up against each other and waiting for the judge to make up his mind...

The judge called out the winner (which may have been me if the nice little girl looking after that dog had been helping me, instead of james) and then the judge looked at me, then Maggie, then me, then Maggie, but who did he call next?

Me of course!

and then Maggie came 3rd.... hee, hee, hee...

1 comment: