Sunday 6 September 2009

It's been a funny week at the Golden Lion

It's now a week since our brave Tug-of-War teams were slaughtered by the expert tuggers at the Rose Inn in Redwick and everyone is still feeling a bit bruised, sore and embarrassed about it all (except Snelly) who just didn't seem to take it seriously enough, so James says he'll have to work very hard to be in the re-match team next May.

Deb has gone off the Gretna Green for the week-end, but I'm very pleased to report that she hasn't eloped to get married. She's gone to witness her brother's Wedding which is taking place in Gretna tomorrow (Monday 7th September). I heard her telling Julie and the other human girls that she was going home to get "Sun-Tanned"... I've no idea what she was talking about because I thought you need the sun to get sun-tanned. You humans seem to have some funny ideas. Anyway, I'm a bit jealous that she's off to the land of my ancestors and I'm stuck here in Wales.

Everyone at the Golden Lion has asked me to wish Dave & Laura Perkins all the best for there special day.

There was another very busy day in the function room at the Golden Lion on Tuesday last week. Four Human men turned up with funny accents and proceeded to make a whole crowd of people laugh and clap their hands. I get very tense when all the humans in a room start clapping their hands together and James has to try and calm me down and make me sit still. (I don't bark, but I do like to run around when people clap. It helps me relieve tension.)

The funny men were providing the entertainment on James & Julie's Comedy Club night and by all accounts, they were very funny. (I don't get it - but then again, I never laugh. I just wag my tail when I'm happy and I can't clap either.)



The little guy who made all the introductions was called "Steve" (Porter) and he got everyone warmed up. I later heard James say that he'd like to get Steve back to do a whole "act". Two other humans called Luke & Richard told short funny stories and the humans all seem to be having a good laugh. The last funny man (I heard Julie call them all "stand up comics" - and they do stand up) was called Mark and he was very funny and stood up for a long time making the crowd laugh. After all the other other people left, Mark came to the lounge and stood up again near the bar until after One in the morning talking with James. I thought I'd never get to bed....



Julie said to someone yesterday that there's another "stand-up" comedy night at the Golden Lion on Tuesday the 6th October and tickets are available now. I just thought I'd do my bit to plug it.

No comments:

Post a Comment