Wednesday 16 September 2009

Our boat Trip


With all the excitement of our win at the Usk show, I forgot to tell you all about our boat trip last week. Julie's Mum & Dad (Jack & Beryl) hired a canal boat for the day, which we all got on at a place called Goytre Wharf. Jack & Beryl just wanted to sit, eat, drink and look at the scenery, so James and our friend David were put in charge of driving the boat. It was very wobbly on the boat and it took me quite a while to get my balance, especially when someone spotted a duck on one side of the boat and all the silly humans rushed to one side causing the boat to almost capsize. When the boat slowed down at the tunnels and bridges James threw me and Maggie off the boat so that we could have a walk and a sniff along the paths.

Jon and Rob had hepled Julie prepare an enormous picnic and a special little picnic for me and Maggie. When we got back to the boat yard I decided that I could manage getting off myself (which I clearly couldn't) and fell in between the boat and the mooring. Needless to say I had a bit of a scare!


James got bored with driving after a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment