Monday 3 August 2009

CJ!


I now have permission to share the full details of my eavesdropping from friday night...

The man that came in to see Julie & James was CJ from Eggheads (they had no real idea who he was, but I did, because Jack & Beryl always watch him on the tv when I go to visit). The reason that he was in the pub, is that he is going to run the quiz for Julie & James on a Wednesday night. He seemed very nice, but he's a bit of an ogre on the telly! I also got the impression that he is going to be VERY strict with all the contestants and not take any nonsense, which I can see being very entertaining and I can't wait to watch him tell someone off for using a mobile phone. I love seeing humans get caught doing something wrong as it takes the pressure off me a little... and Maggie even more so...

The quiz will be starting at 8.30pm which is a little bit earlier than before and I did hear CJ say that he hopes to get it finished by 10.30pm so that he can hand out all the prizes (which will also be better than before) and everyone can get home reasonably early. Beryl has already asked if she can have CJ's autograph so I can see me having to do some form of crowd control at the end of the night to stop poor CJ being trampled by autograph hunters!

No comments:

Post a Comment