Sunday 9 August 2009

Tintern Abbey

The sun has been out again and we all managed to sneak out for an hour this afternoon. We went to Tintern Abbey and had ice cream and played with my favourite ball on a rope. I always manage to beat Maggie to get to it when it's thrown, but what she has now learnt todo is just let me chase it and then ambush me for it when I take it back, just so she can pretend that she has retrieved it. James falls for it every time and tells her what a good girl she has been! We had a good walk and then came back to the pub, which had been left in a bit of a mess by the staff today, so Julie was very grumpy.

Since I last wrote, we have also had lots of visitors. Sophie, another of my human sisters came to stay for a few days, but she always makes more of a fuss of Doris & Duchess than she does of me and Maggie. Doris spends time in just about every house and business in the square. She pops into Snippers and Farthings most days, but on Saturday she made her way into Dawn's bedroom and was caught eyeing up her newly hatched baby chicks. Dawn managed to save them in the nick of time, but if any of them turn out to be noisy cockerels I may arrange to give Doris a bunk up so she can finish him off before he gets as noisy as the other one. Everyone else thinks that the early morning wake up call is really cool, but I like to have a lie in and can do without any more noisy Cockerels!

We also had some late night visitors on Friday night or al least that's what James is saying. Somehow he managed to lock 3 ladies in the pub. We were all getting ready for bed as it was gone 1am, when James rushed back downstairs, because he could hear some ladies in the toilets. Luckily for them he did put his dressing gown on before he went down...

No comments:

Post a Comment