Tuesday 25 August 2009

Missing You

Well I'm still here at Jack & Beryl's and feel back to my old self, although I did have a relapse when Maggie visited yesterday. I'm clearly also missing all that is going on at the pub. There was an Italian evening yesterday with lots of Pizza and Pasta things on the menu and even cheap Pinot Grigio! but Julie has promised that they will have some more Italian nights so that I can get some cheesy pasta. Maggie's parents were called Bella & Pablo (ridiculous names for Scottish dogs if you ask me!) so she is claiming that she is half Italian (maybe that's why she's got such a big bum!).

Tonight, James & Julie are taking a group of regulars to the Wickwar Brewery to see how they make their beer, sample lots of it and hopefully choose a blend of beer to be called "Hamish" and they aren't even taking me...

Tomorrow is the last night of the Celtic music lessons. Donald, Dana and Dave have been teaching groups of children (& James) how to play musical instruments and tomorrow, being as it's their last night they are having a concert to celebrate. Somehow, they have also managed to get One string Loose back as a supporting act for the children, so it should be a really good night and I'll be missing it all...

I'll hopefully be back home for the weekend to see the Tug of War and support my team when they take on The rose at Redwick. If anyone else wants to come and support us, the "tug" will start at 2.30pm at The Rose and then there is free curry for all the contestants and supporters back at The Lion afterwards along with the prizegiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment